The purpose for this is to document the evolution of a possible handwriting based on the runes that have appeared in Madoka.
So far, two variants have emerged from a discussion on the Madoka IRC channel. Please refer to the Talk:Handwritten runes page.
The Piparkaq Variant
- Features on optimizing shapes for block writing
- Borrows features from both archaic and modern rune sets for optimal handwriting
- Does not yet have numerals
The Prima Variant
- Cursive style
- Best C-character for handwriting ♥
2ch begun experimenting with handwritten runes after The Rebellion Story premiere. Despite the late start, their script quickly become quite polished in their own right.
- Easy to learn
- Closely approximates the official font
deviantART user JapanYoshi likened archaic runes to blackletter/fraktur writing and modern runes to serif, and attempted to make a "Sans Serif" variant. He only supplies a pixel art sample, but by far the most simplified variant for better or for worse.